Running: Top 10 commandments of the long distance runner
Top 10 tips for long distance running.
• Rest is another part of the training: without adequate rest, we can injure ourselves, and we will never assimilate the practice, nor will it give us time to regain strength for a new session. Put two days of rest per week interspersed is the best idea and always at least a day of rest after a competition.
• The smooth continuous race is the base of the training of bottom: with it works the resistance of low impact, accustoming to the organism to use the fats like primary energy substrate, the size of the heart increases, and therefore the pulsations are reduced, it is created a greater muscle capillarization and adapts to muscles, tendons, and cartilages to a prolonged effort.
• The short series and repetitions will make us faster: with them, we will promote the aerobic power, those moments of the race in which we need to tighten and the body to respond to us. With these series, the body learns to recycle the lactate so that it does not fatigue us and can use it as a new form of energy.
• Changes of rhythm or fartlek: in the words of a coach it would be the work of the continuous method of variable intensity, that is, making long-term departures but varying the rhythm according to time intervals to generate fatigue peaks and later recoveries when slowing down. With this, the ability to recover during the race it worked.
• Varied is better: never use the same route, nor the equal training partners. The body adapts to everything, and in the end, one goes into a monotony that does not make us move forward.
• Stretching is necessary: perform dynamic stretching before and after workouts. Before to warm up the muscles and avoid injuries and then to facilitate the recovery of the muscle and avoid that after many minutes of repeated exercise the muscle is limited to the tension of work and contractures or muscle imbalances appear.
• The career technique is fundamental: making the wrong career gesture leads to a safe injury. Also, a good career running technique is an energy efficiency that results in the same effort but with less energy expenditure, and this, after all, is to run more and better.
• Abdominal and lumbar to run better: these muscle groups are what keep us in a correct upright posture. In the race, keeping the trunk upright and without oscillations improves the running technique, avoids injuries, and saves energy. Finishing training with abdominal and lumbar exercises is a good idea.
• The force also serves us, and here the term force is not synonymous with great muscular development, we mean to exercise basic strength toning the muscles involved in the race (quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves) and improve running technique, is They will protect knees and ankles and will earn that spark of energy that makes us faster.
• The cross training will make you advance: not only does the long-distance runner live — bike, swimming, hiking. Multiple activities serve to train and at the same time, put a point of fun and variety. It is advisable to put a day or two of cross training every two weeks, but at a moderate intensity to avoid injuries when doing an unusual activity.
4. Acai Bowl