What is clary sage?
- The blooming plant clary sage (Salvia sclarea) is endemic to the Mediterranean Basin.
- The essential oil derived from the plant’s leaves and buds have a fresh, clean perfume that may be used as a skin balm or inhaled softly as part of an aromatherapy treatment.
- It’s usually grown for the purpose of flavoring tea. Because of its historical usage as an eye health remedy, it’s also known as “clear eye” and “eye brilliant.”
- There are many sage oil benefits for hair, including lavender sage benefits
- Many people also commonly search about “clary sage labor” and “sage essential oil labor” for its properties to help childbirth.
- However, it is currently being researched for a number of additional health advantages.
Aromatic Composition- Does sage smell good?
- A common question asked about the oil is what does clary sage smell like
- The clary sage smell is quite unique.
- It has a somewhat fruity, earthy, flowery, floral scent.
Clary sage benefits
Reduction of stress
- Aromatherapy harnesses the power of aroma to relax the mind and alleviate tension.
- The region of your brain that controls emotion is directly influenced by your olfactory system.
- As a result, what you smell might provoke memories and sentiments, both happy and bad.
- Clary sage oil, when used in aromatherapy, can assist in relieving stress by producing a sense of well-being.
- Clary sage essential oil, when breathed, induced calm feelings and helped lower blood pressure in women enduring a stressful medical exam, according to small research.
- Researchers believe it might be an effective therapy for wound care, either alone or in combination with other therapies.
- Clary sage oil helped treat severe dermatological infections produced by various strains of Staphylococcus bacteria in one laboratory trial.
- Clary sage has been studied in both animals and people to see if it has antidepressant properties.
- According to one research on rats, clary sage oil may help with depression by functioning as an anti-stressor.
Relief from menopausal symptoms
- Sclareol is a component of clary sage oil that mimics the actions of oestrogen in the body.
- As a result, clary sage may help to alleviate some of the symptoms of menopause.
- According to some studies, applying diluted clary sage oil on the soles of the feet can help minimize hot flashes.
Sage diffuser blends
- There are many sage essential oil blends and sage oil diffusers that are used for their calming properties.
- Sage’s earthy, herbaceous, and somewhat spicy perfume has been a favorite in many cultures throughout the world due to its vast spectrum of highly effective medical, spiritual, and aroma-therapeutic characteristics.
- Sage has been used for millennia by many ancient civilizations to remove bad energy, purify the air, and naturally enhance mental concentration.
Clary sage vs sage
The difference between sage and clary sage stems from some basic things that segregate them. These can be classified as follows.
- True to the plant used in cooking and burning, sage has a herbaceous, sweet, and somewhat camphorous aroma. It pairs beautifully with spices like cardamom and other spices, as well as mild florals such as lavender.
- Sage essential oil is a great addition to shampoo or when mixed with carrier oils for painful muscles, hurting stomachs, and cellulite.
It has a pleasant, herbal, clean aroma that is similar to earl grey tea. It’s perfect for refined fragrances because of its gently flowery, grape-like aroma.
- Clary Sage can be used topically to treat skin conditions, stomach problems, and cramps.
- To relieve respiratory issues, mood swings, or sleeplessness, diffuse or inhale.
- Clary Sage is very beneficial to women, so take it to alleviate any symptoms related to your period, PMS, or menopause.
In the debate of sage vs clary sage, the answer depends on what the usage of the oil is for. Sage vs clary sage essential oil will differ from person to person.
Clary sage essential oil benefits
Many people ask what is clary sage good for. There are many clary sage essential oils uses that are still being studied and tested.
- The antidepressant and stress-fighting effects of numerous different essential oils in rats were explored in a 2010 research published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology.
- The study discovered that clary sage oils provided the most anti-stress benefit of all the oils examined.
Anti-anxiety and blood pressure-lowering effects
- Inhaled clary sage oil dramatically decreased blood pressure and slowed the breathing of women with urinary incontinence undergoing evaluation, according to research published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine in 2013.
- Inhaled clary sage oil, according to the study, may be an excellent technique to promote relaxation.
- An extract of clary sage has strong anti-inflammatory benefits in rats, according to research published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology in 2017.
- The researchers came to the conclusion that clary sage extract might be an effective therapy for periodontitis, an inflammatory gum disease.
Improved mental performance
- Sage plants have long been regarded to help with mental health in a variety of ways.
- The effects of several sage species, including clary sage, were studied in a 2017 review.
- Sage plants appear to be linked to enhanced memory, increased alertness, and potential Alzheimer’s-fighting properties, according to the author.
Effects on bacteria
- Antibacterial properties are thought to exist in several essential oils, including clary sage oil.
- The antibacterial properties of clary sage essential oil were shown to be effective against all kinds of bacteria examined in a 2015 study.
How to use clary sage oil?
- There are several ways to utilize clary sage oil since research has shown that it has beneficial benefits when breathed, taken by mouth, and applied directly to inflammatory parts of the body.
- Users should choose an essential oil that is 100 percent pure.
Let us discuss below some of the clary sage oil uses:
- 2 to 3 drops of clary sage oil, such as these, can be blended with other essential oils and diffused into the air using an essential oil burner.
- Clary sage oil, when vaporized, can assist in combating bacteria and other organisms in the air.
- Mix 6 drops of clary sage oil with 1 oz. Carrier oil, such as coconut oil, and apply directly to a wound or massage into the skin.
- A common method is assing 3-5 drops of the oil in water to help with muscle pain.
Sage benefits for Hair
- Clary sage essential oil for hair is a common trend in the current times.
- It is used in hair to promote the growth of healthier, thicker strands while also avoiding dandruff and the overproduction of natural oils and sebum on the scalp.
- Clary sage oil for hair is an upcoming use in every household.
- Sage oil for hair is commonly used in spas, hair shops, and hair products.
Clary sage essential oil labor
- When you’re late, clary sage essential oil is commonly thought to help prompt contractions, but there’s no scientific proof that taking it can help you get pregnant — either after or before your due date.
- If you want to give it a go, it’s not regarded to be hazardous in tiny doses in late pregnancy, and some midwives believe it can assist with anxiety and discomfort when you do go into labor.
- Hence clary sage for labor is quite common.
Where do get clary sage oil?
Clary sage oil and many sage essential oil blends can be found on the Gyalab websites. The Gyalab clary sage product has all the sage uses and benefits.