The potatoes with cheese are easy to contour to prepare, perfect to serve with any second dish of meat or vegetarian. They are excellent with a simple side dish of meat, but also in place of the classic Baked Potatoes in more elaborate preparations such as roasts and baked meats. Of course, they go very well with any vegetarian side dish!
The potatoes Melted Cheese is good to be prepared when you do not know which side dish to serve. The recipe of the Classic Baked Cheesy Potatoes, but if you have other Cheeses to use you can easily replace them with mozzarella and Parmesan.
If you are fond of pairing potatoes and cheese, then try the Four Cheese Potatoes, the Cream Cheese Potatoes and the Gorgonzola Stuffed Potato Balls.
How to Make CHEESY POTATOES?
1. To start preparing cheesy potatoes, you have to start with vegetables, the ingredient that needs more preparation.
2. The potatoes will first be peeled and then washed under cold running water to remove any traces and residues of the earth on their surface. At this point, the potatoes will reduce to slices about 1 cm thick. The potato slices should boil for about ten minutes in hot, salted water.
3. After 10 minutes, your potatoes will be removed from the water and placed on a cloth to dab them and eliminate the excess water. Set aside to cool while you are preparing the other ingredients. Take the cheeses and reduce them into slices or cubes so that you have everything ready when you are going to compose the dish inside the baking dish that will go into the oven.
About CHEESY POTATOES
- PREP TIME – 10 MINS
- COOK TIME – 50 MINS
- TOTAL TIME – 1 HR
- SERVINGS – 4 SERVINGS
- TYPE OF RECIPE – EASY
- COURSE – SIDE DISH
- CUISINE – AMERICAN
- 500 g of Potatoes
- 100 g of gorgonzola
- 150 g of mozzarella
- 120 g of Parmesan cheese
- Six sausages
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Firstly, take a baking dish and place extra virgin olive oil on the bottom. Spread the first layer of potato slices and continue with the cheeses in slices or cubes, the frankfurters and the grated Parmesan cheese. Lay another layer of potatoes and stay in this way until all the ingredients available are exhausted.
- Finish the last layer by adding the mozzarella slices and a generous sprinkling of grated Parmesan over the potatoes. Your creamy cheese potatoes should then be placed in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 35-40 minutes or until their surface is entirely Au gratin.
- If the surface should darken too soon, cover your creamy potatoes with a sheet of aluminium foil and remove it only in the last 10 minutes of cooking so that the surface is perfectly golden browned.
- Once ready, your creamy cheese potatoes will be baked and left aside for a maximum of ten minutes serving them to your guests when they are lukewarm.
- Alternatively, you can prepare creamy stuffed potatoes or frankfurter potato and cheese muffins.
Variations and Alternatives
If you want you can prepare Cheese Potatoes using other types of grated or chopped cheeses.
To get perfectly cooked Cheese Potatoes, I recommend cutting the Potatoes into more or less equal segments so that the cooking is uniform.
How to store cheesy potatoes?
- The cheesy potatoes stored for at most a couple of days closed inside an airtight container.
- Before being consumed again, however, they must be placed in a traditional oven or passed for a few minutes in the microwave
Most Fave Potato Sides
- The BEST Mashed Potatoes– Perfection. Buttery, creamy and delicious!
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole– Fully loaded with bacon, cheese and green onions.
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes– the perfect side dish for any meal.
- Perfect Baked Potatoes– Great for topping with your favorites!
- Potatoes Au Gratin– Creamy, cheesy and delicious everything a potato should be!
Calories: 248, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 35mg, Sodium: 245mg, Potassium: 420mg, Carbohydrates: 15g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 10g, Vitamin A: 375%, Vitamin C: 11.1%, Calcium: 175%, Iron: 4%
(The information provided about the Nutrition is an estimate, and it may vary based on the cooking methods and the brand of ingredients for the recipe use.)
1. Acai Bowl