Your body needs protein for healthy skin, hair, heart, and bones. And smoothies are a great way to get a nutrient-packed meal.
As a power drink, they provide everything, including proteins, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats in one convenient package.
Here are five protein smoothie recipes for a balanced and healthy diet.
Peach Blueberry Smoothie
You can’t go wrong with a peach blueberry smoothie. It only has three main ingredients and is equally refreshing. Here is a list of ingredients.
- 1/2 cup frozen peach slices
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (optional)
Put all ingredients in the blender. Blend for at least one minute. Open the blender jar and see the creaminess. If you still see some pieces of ingredients, blend for one more minute or until all ingredients are properly combined. Serve the smoothie in a tall glass and top it with small berries and small pieces of peach.
Ginger Banana Smoothie
The Ginger Banana smoothie is simple and needs only a handful of ingredients. Here is the list:
- A handful of spinach – for color and nutrients
- 1 frozen banana – gives a creamy and smooth texture and also adds some sweetness
- Hemp hearts – for protein
- Ginger – for warm and spicy flavor and digestive benefits
- Cinnamon – for some warmth and blood sugar stabilization
- Chia seeds – for protein, fibre, and texture
Blend all ingredients except Chia seeds. You can also add ice when blending. This protein smoothie has a frosty texture. Pour the smoothie in a glass and garnish with chia seeds on the top.
Apple Crisp Smoothie
It is one of the best protein smoothie recipes made with fresh apples, Greek yogurt, milk, oats, and cinnamon. It mimics the taste of apple cobbler.
- 2 cups, peeled and cored apples, any variety
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk (almond or dairy)
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
Start by blending all ingredients until you get a smooth texture. Pour the smoothie in the glass. Serve immediately or chill.
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
The Orange Creamsicle Smoothie tastes like an Orange Julius and a creamsicle pop combined. You will never find a tasty Vitamin C drink than this one. Here is a list of ingredients.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- One orange, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- One frozen ripe banana, peeled & sliced
- Two teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Two teaspoons orange zest (optional)
It will help if you use a strong blender to break down frozen ripe bananas and oranges. Pour all ingredients in a blender and run it on high speed for a few minutes (approx. 3 minutes). Run the blender until the mixture is thick, creamy, and smooth. Pour the protein smoothie in a glass and enjoy it.
Pineapple Passion Smoothie
This protein smoothie will satisfy your cravings for ice-cream. Here is a list of ingredients.
- One orange
- Passion fruit puree: 3 fluid ounce
- Frozen pineapple: 6 ounce
Peel orange and separate into sections. Put all ingredients in the blender. Blend for 3-4 minutes. Add two cups of ice to it and blend until smooth. Pour the smoothie in a glass and enjoy it.
Proteins are building blocks of the body. Our body uses protein to build and repair tissues. The protein smoothie recipes strike the balance of proteins and other nutrients required by our body for smooth functioning.