The word chai latte and chai have been popular around the world. In many parts of the world, the word chai is associated with lovely spicy beverage drinks while in countries like India and China, it is simply tea.
In India, it is also referred to as masala chai or Indian spicy tea. For many years chai has been adored for health benefits in Ayurveda and Chinese traditional medicine.
The Chai latte is known widely for its unique flavor, blend of spices and herbs and various health benefits. Chai latte made from a blend of black tea, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, honey, ground cloves, peppercorn, spices, and milk.
The chai latte helps to make you stay active, protects heart health, boost the immune system, reduces pains and aches. Now let us look at some essential and important health benefits of Chai Latte.
1. To Wake you Up from Sleep – Chai Latte
Chai latte is a great choice for getting your morning started and also to stay active throughout the day. This chai tea contains caffeine as it contains black tea leaves.
The amount of caffeine contained in the tea depends upon the variety and amount of black tea used. It acts as a body stimulant and contains caffeine that is enough to have you awake.
2. Chai Latte Improves Digestion
Chai tea latte is an excellent drink for improving the digestive system and keeps your stomach healthy. The spices and herbs present in the chai help the digestive system.
Among the spices, ginger aids proper digestion by improving the circulation and delivering oxygen to the organs so that they can function properly.
The other spices like black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, etc help to avoid problems related to iron deficiency, liver disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
The black tea leaves have a positive impact on your gut and help to improve metabolism and prevent bloating.
3. Chai Latte Reduces Nausea
The ginger present in the chai is responsible to reduce nausea and has been used to treat other common ailments related to nausea. The biological compound of ginger called gingerol and shogaol are used to reduce stomach pain associated with nausea and works to soothe an upset stomach.
4. Chai Latte Help in Reducing Blood sugar levels
The Chai tea helps in improving as well as controlling blood sugar levels in your body by lowering insulin resistance. This is because it contains cinnamon and ginger present in the chai tea.
5. Alleviate Aches and Pains
The inclusion of many spices in the chai helps to lighten common aches and pains. This health benefit is mainly derived from the anti-inflammatory properties of ingredients present in the chai, mainly clove, and ginger.
Chai latte can help reduce aches and pains, and one of the most prominent types of pain is lower back pain. There are other things you can do to help relieve lower back pain.
Ginger reduces the inflammation that eases the pain ranging from headaches to migraine and also improves blood circulation. The clove present in the chai is also known to treat minor toothaches.
6. May Improve Heart Health – Chai Latte
The black tea and cinnamon may help to lower bad cholesterol and blood pressure. Cinnamon contains compounds that help to fight diabetes, regulate blood sugar levels and can help to prevent cardiovascular disease.
7. Helps you to Lose Weight
The Chai tea may help to prevent weight gain as well as promotes fat loss in several ways. Chai generally made using cow’s milk which is a very good source of protein.
Protein is a nutrient that helps to reduce hunger. Thus, Chai tea is likely to reduce hunger and prevents you from over-eating later in the day.
Black tea promotes fat breakdown and helps in reducing the calories that your body absorbs from foods. The black pepper in the chai tea also helps in preventing the accumulation of body fat.
8. Reduces the Risk of Cancer
The spices like cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger used in chai tea contain phytochemicals and antioxidants along with cancer-preventing properties.
9. Chai Latte Helps to Boost Metabolism and Prevents Cold
Natural chai spices are used to stimulate digestive and pancreatic enzymes to help fat breakdown and help oxygen uptake. Ginger present in chai has a good gut- boosting properties and also improves the immune system.
10. Reduces Tumor Growth
The cloves in chai latte are one of the main ingredients that have the highest antioxidant content. The antiviral, antibacterial and anticancer properties help in reducing tumor growth.
11. Reduced Caffeine and Protection against Free-radicals
Chai tea provides a satisfying beverage that can be a substitute for some of your daily coffee consumption. The caffeinated tea has less amount of caffeine content than coffee, while decaffeinated tea almost contains no caffeine.
You can have chai tea instead of coffee to gain more health benefits and to have a great taste. Black tea is rich in antioxidant that protects against free-radical damage.
12. Prevents Cardiovascular Disease
The black tea helps to reduce the amount of bad cholesterol inside your body. It prevents the oxidation of LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol and also maintains the number of HDL (High-density lipoprotein) cholesterol. This helps to prevent cardiovascular disease like stroke and heart attack. For more info go to FreeRangela.com
Chai Tea Preparation method
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 black tea bag
- 3 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A small chunk of ginger
- 3 to 4 peppercorns
- Honey or brown sugar
1. First of all roast Cardamom, clove, peppercorns, and cinnamon stick on a low heat flame around 2 to 3 minutes. Leave them to cool.
2. Grind the spices into a coarse powder using a spice grinder.
3. Using a saucepan, combine the water, ground spices, ginger and let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Once the water has reached the desired temperature, pour over the black tea leaves and allow them to steep for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add warm whole milk with brown sugar or honey to taste.
6. To make chai latte, just add chai tea concentrate to a hot cup of steamed milk and add honey. Chai Latte traditionally contains more milk than a typical cup of normally brewed chai tea.
How to Include Chai Tea in Your Diet
Now that you know the health benefits of Chai tea, it’s time to incorporate it into your diet. Dietto success agrees that a good diet should contain enough antioxidants to combat harmful free radicals in the body that causes cellular damage. Chai tea preparations, like Chai latte, can give you dietary antioxidants to achieve this goal.
Here how you can include Chai tea in your everyday diet:
- Early Morning Drink: Make Chai tea your new early morning favorite beverage to boost energy you need without that heavy feeling on your head or overly excited nerves that coffee usually brings. Chai tea latte is a perfect early morning drink as a coffee substitute.
- Afternoon Treat: If you can’t resist early morning coffee, take your Chai tea in the afternoon, which can give you a calming treat from a busy day or hectic work schedule.
- Anytime: Consume Chai tea at any time of the day it pleases you. No standard schedule for a tea-drinking session. Benefit from the therapeutic properties of Chai tea through your flexible Chai tea-drinking schedule.
- Food Pairings: Depending on the time of the day, you can pair tea with almost any food. More robust Chai tea flavors pair very well with hearty, rich foods like lamb and venison, roast meats like beef, or heavy pasta dishes such as lasagna. Lighter version pairs well with vegetarian dishes, mild green curries, light chicken dishes, and veggie salads. Also, hot cross buns, tea cakes, apple scones, smoked salmon and avocado rye, and curried chicken tea sandwich perfectly match tea.
Enjoy every waking moment by drinking Chai tea. It can give you healthier skin, boost your immune system, improve cardiovascular functioning, and more. Indeed, with these tips in mind chai tea latte is easy to prepare and incorporate in your diet.
1. Acai Bowl
2. Ginger Water
3. Best Exercises For A Complete Back Workout
Leave a Reply