There are many ways to call them and also to prepare them, but the result is always exquisite and healthy diet. And they are so simple to make, that we can proclaim ourselves kings of brunch and any knife and fork lunch.
Perfect to eat on toast, with salad, or to prepare delicious recipes such as eggs benedict or Florentine, the only secret is to adjust the cooking point well – yes, another option would be a well-cooked boiled egg – and that the bread is not lacking accompany.
We have tried three methods to make them at home (using the microwave, traditionally in the casserole, and with a special Lekue container) so that you can choose the one that best suits you. The good news is that the three ways to cook them are very fast and simple, and following some tips and tricks will be perfect.
Poached eggs in microwave
- Fill a microwave-safe bowl with water and add a good splash of vinegar. This will ensure that the egg is collected and the egg does not detach from the yolk. We have tried it, and it does not affect the flavor of the egg.
- We heat the water with the vinegar one minute (power 700 W).
- Add the egg and water to the bowl with hot vinegar, being careful not to break it, and put the bowl with the egg in the microwave for 1 minute.
- We can stop it a little before to check if it is already done because it will vary depending on the size of the egg.
- We remove the egg from the water so that it does not continue poaching and ready.
Flower eggs: poached in the casserole with film paper
- Boil a saucepan with water.
- Then cover the inside of a glass or cup with plastic wrap, we anoint it with oil, and we toss the egg with care. We can add some herbs or spices, but salt better once they are poached to avoid affecting the cooking.
- We close the film paper forming a bag and tie it with a kitchen cord or a clothespin.
- When the water is boiling, lower the fire to the minimum: we are not interested in adding the egg when the water is boiling. We put in the water the bag with the egg inside.
- We wait 3 minutes and take out the bag with the egg from the water.
- Unroll or cut the string, and remove the plastic. Ready to serve.
Lekue egg saucer
- Then boil a saucepan with water.
- Open the Lekue eggplant and put it on a glass. We add the egg carefully and leave a moment to release the excess water. We close the poach.
- When the water is boiling, lower the heat and add the poach with the egg.
- We waited for 3 minutes and took it out of the water.
- Open the poach and with the help of a spoon we take out the egg. Ready to serve.