6 Natural Herbs and Medicines that can Help Control Diabetes
Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a major health problem that has affected millions of people. It indicates abnormal blood sugar levels in the body, which further leads to secondary complications. Thankfully, Ayurveda offers medicine for diabetes and manage such health consequences.
Table of Contents
Ayurveda for You
Ayurveda’s positive effects are known to all. If these ancient medication techniques are appropriately used, there won’t be many ailments left in the world. Thankfully, some specialist companies are out there that are resurrecting the oldest form of medicine. The use of herbs for the treatment of a sick person has been a common practice in ancient times. Today, we don’t need to find these sacred herbs in the hill forests. Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes is available all around the web and many physical departmental stores. You don’t have to be any more curious, as we present to you a list of ayurvedic medicine for diabetes.
Here, we shall analyze the different Ayurvedic herbs and also figure out the medicines that are made from them.
Withania Somnifera or ASHWAGANDHA:
The herb’s name’s translation stands roughly as, “Strength of a horse.” The shrub’s roots are medically proven to offer the following benefits:
- Promotes Medhya or intellect and initiates cognitive development,
- Increases Balya or strength and recovery, which also indicates that the herb can fight diabetic condition among patients.
- Enhancing Rasayana, which is the rejuvenator or a life-extending element, and
- Promotes Nidrajanana or sleep.
For thousands of years, people have used this herb for enhancing good health. Ashwagandha is used in medicines, and they are used for promoting energy and stamina, without stimulating the heart. It’s a body-balancing herb, which also addresses insomnia. Together, they are truly marvelous herbs use in many diabetes medicines.
Momordica charantia or BITTER MELON:
It’s an edible gourd and happens to be every physician’s “go-to” herb. Many people have high-normal glucose levels, generally called ‘borderline diabetic/metabolic syndrome patients. For them, modern medicines with extracted goodness of Bitter Melon can work wonders. Preliminary evidence suggested that bitter melon’s hypoglycemic action works through multiple independent mechanisms. They are as follows:
- It can increase peripheral glucose oxidation and glucose tolerance and insulin, which signals in an induced insulin resistance model.
- Bitter melon helps treat hepatic gluconeogenesis.
- It also increases glycogen synthesis.
- It does also increase the insulin output from the pancreas, and
- Simultaneously, it provides polypeptide-P, a unique compound, which is mimetic with a similar structure that of bovine insulin.
Ocimum Sanctum or HOLY BASIL,
Holy basil is also called Tulsi, is considered by many people to be sacred. Its rich fragrance opens our respiratory passages, and broadly speaking, it helps our spirit to soar. Basil’s key compounds include eugenol and caryophyllene. They are similar to the same ones found in oregano or Origanum vulgare. Basil’s properties are mentions as follows:
- Antipyretic, and
- Extensively antimicrobial
Curcuma Longa or TURMERIC
Turmeric is one of the biggest treasures of Ayurveda. Consuming the bright yellow rhizomes of this particular plant first came into practice millennia ago by the yogis. They claimed the herb to enhance flexibility as well as joint integrity. Recently, extensive researches have been done on Turmeric. And the findings are positive. This plant is particularly good for diabetes main components, curcuminoids, and curcumin. Here are the diverse benefits of Turmeric:
- Preservation of brain function,
- High antioxidant activity,
- Regulation of inflammation such as rheumatoid arthritis, and
- Cancer prevention
Gymnema Sylvestre or Meshashiringi
Meshashiringi helps in reducing sugar cravings. As a result, you reduce sweet consumption. Hence, medicines containing Meshashiringi will help you prevent Diabetes Mellitus. Here are the massive benefits of this herb:
- Helps in lowering blood glucose levels
- Naturally increases insulin levels in our bloodstream
- It enhances the growth of beta cells inside our pancreas, which helps to produce insulin. The natural insulin production process helps in breaking down glucose molecules, which in turn ensures superior Diabetic control. Glymin tablet is one of those ayurvedic tablets for diabetes. You might want to try it out.
- The herb also helps in increasing optimal HDL in our blood.
Salacia sp. Or Saptaranga
Saptaranga helps in minimizing the sugar content in our food. It does so by absorbing all the sugar before our body does. As a result, it helps control diabetic tendencies. You might want to get a hold of any sugar control medicine in Ayurveda. They all contain Saptaranga. Several Here are the basic benefits of the herb:
- It helps to lower the hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C) levels in the blood of Type II Diabetic patients. This is one of the best ayurvedic medicine for diabetes 2 known and is easily available.
- It also helps to naturally reduce both post-prandial as well as pre-meal blood sugar levels
- It enhances weight reduction procedures and reduces the body mass index.
With several ayurvedic diabetic tablet brands being available, you shouldn’t face any problems. Keep believing in Ayurveda, and you will be able to control your diabetes.